Prep time- 10 mins
Cooking time- 55 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 carrot, chopped
1 tbsp Amboora Signature Ras El Hanout
1 400g tin chopped tomato
250 ml vegetable stock
150g lentils, rinsed
1 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and once heated up, add the onion and carrot. Sauté over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices to the pan, making sure the vegetables are coated. Cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes along with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the lentils and chickpeas and reduce to low simmer for 40 minutes until both are soft. Add more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Enjoy steaming hot with a chunk of fresh bread and butter. Bsaha!