Prep time- 10 mins
Cooking time- 50 mins
3 very ripe bananas
140g soft butter
145g caster sugar
2 large eggs
140g self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp Amboora Warm Ras El Hanout
40g icing sugar, for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan. Butter a medium loaf tin and line it with baking paper.
- Peel your bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Fold in the flour along with the baking powder and the ras el hanout. Finally mix in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool down on a rack.
- For the topping, add a little water to the icing sugar to make a paste. Keep adding water until your desired consistency is reached.
- Once the banana loaf is cool, drizzle over the icing. Enjoy!