If you’ve ever been to Morocco then you probably know that we’re famous for our Tagines, Couscous, Rfissa, and other traditional recipes. You’ll also know that we’re famous for our seas and our fish dishes as well.
One of the fish dishes that I love the most is Tagra, or marinated fish in the oven. It’s a yummy dish that is very colourful, and most importantly, very healthy.
Tagra is a dish that is very famous in the north of the kingdom, here in Morocco, and it’s known as “Tagra” there only The other parts of the kingdom, don’t have any special name for it, which is quite weird. But anyway, since I’ve last shared with you the classical recipe of Tagra, today I decided to share the quick and easy version of it. If you want to check the classic recipe then just click here.
It’s very fast, it’s yummy, and it’s nutritious. So, what’s more, to ask?
Quick and Easy Moroccan Marinated Fish In The Oven -Tagra
Quick and Easy Moroccan Marinated Fish in the Oven -Tagra
Preparation time: 5 minutes ( if you let it rest, then 1 hour)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Zesty Moroccan sauce for fish
- 1 kg firm fish such as sea bass or red snapper.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 carrots cut in circles
- 1 onion cut in circles
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, cut in circles
- 3 potatoes, cut in circles
- 100 ml water
- In a baking dish, pour some oil, and cover all of the surfaces with it. Arrange the fish the way you like and pour half of the Zesty sauce over it. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- In the baking dish, organize all of the vegetables alongside the fish and pour the rest of the sauce over them. Add the butter and water and cover the baking dish with tin foil and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Serve the fish on a bed of vegetables and you’re done.
- You may other vegetables like bell peppers, sweet potatoes and so on.
- You can use any kind of fish like sardines, or any other type of fish.
Comment below if there are any recipes you would like to see.