Makes - 10
Prep time - 35 mins
Cook time - 12 mins per batch
50g unhulled sesame seeds
200g vegetable oil
120g unsalted butter, softened
140g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan.
- Place the sesame seeds and almonds on a lined baking tray and roast them for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then grind the almonds to a fine powder.
- To make the dough, combine the oil, butter and sugar, then add the seeds and almonds along with the vanilla sugar.
- Add half the flour to the bowl with the baking powder and begin using your hands to combine, gradually adding the rest of the flour to create a dough.
- Knead the dough for 20 minutes by hand, if the dough is too crumbly add a a splash of water.
- Shape the dough into small balls then press each ball into a disk shape.
- Place the disks on a baking sheet and bake for around 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with mint tea. Bsaha!