Prep time - 25 mins
Cook time - 20 mins
4 tbsp pure orange blossom water
70g vegetable oil
4 tbsp softened butter
35g sesame seeds
1 tbsp aniseed
2 tsp fennel powder
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the wet ingredients and the sugar and a pinch of salt and combine using an electric whisk.
- Add all of the other dry ingredients apart from the flour to the bowl and mix in. Sift in the flour and fold through the mixture. You should be left with a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for around 15 minutes.
- Once the dough is well rested, create long sausage shaped logs from it and then cut into small pieces.
- Line a large baking tray with a baking sheet and place on the pieces of dough. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Bsaha! Enjoy with Moroccan tea.