Aubergine orzo with feta
Prep time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins
1 large onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 aubergines, chopped into 2cm chunks
1 jar Amboora Shakshuka Sauce
150g feta cheese
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry for around 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add the aubergine chunks and fry for a further 10 mins, stirring frequently.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the shakshuka sauce, season to taste and reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer whilst you cook the pasta.
- Add the orzo to some salted boiling water. Reserve some of the pasta water for later.
- Once the orzo is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce along with a splash of pasta water. The starch creates a silky, smooth sauce.
- Plate up with the crumbled feta and some fresh torn basil.