Long waited smoky father bean dip - an easier twist on bissara in Amboora style!
- 1 cup dry fava beans
- 1 cup dry split peas
- 1 tsp Amboora Smoky ras el hanout spice blend
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
1. Prepare your beans 8 hours ahead of making this dish by placing them in a bowl and covering them in cold water.
2. When ready to cook, drain the water , peal and split your beans if needed.Add the to a pot and bring to a boil on high heat and reduce the heat to medium and simmer the beans until tender, for about an hour or longer if needed.
3. Drain the beans, reserving the liquid. Transfer the drained beans to a food processor and add Amboora spice, salt, olive oil and peeled cloves of garlic. Add the liquid resereved earlier if needed. Ideally Bissara should be soup-like consistency .
4. To garnish, add a drizzle of olive oil, some cumin and some hot cayenne powder if you're feeling bold. Serve with a slice of bread and enjoy!