Lemon and Rosemary Roast Chicken
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 20 mins
1 whole chicken, about 1.5kg
1 small spring rosemary, finely chopped
1 small spring thyme, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
25g butter, softened
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 170C fan.
- In a large baking tray, place the chopped onions and carrots. In a bowl, mix together the preserved lemon sauce, rosemary, thyme, garlic and butter.
- Rub the lemon mixture all over the chicken, making sure to put some of the mixture under the skin for moist and tender chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the baking tray. Drizzle everything with olive oil and season generously. Roast for 1 hour 20 mins until the skin is crispy and the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15-20 mins before carving. Goes well with our lemony potato salad or couscous. Make sure the pour over some of the delicious sauce leftover in the tray. Enjoy!