I love everything fish, be it a tagine or an oven dish. Fish dishes always tend to be so flavourful, lemony, fragrant and vibrant which is why I always like preparing fish dishes. It also makes me feel that I’m on the healthier side.
In Morocco, fish dishes are very popular, and we’re always used to making them with a special sauce called Chermoula. Chermoula is super easy to make and it just levels up your cooking skills. It just takes 3 minutes to make and it’s the sauce we’ll be using for this dish.
With the existence of ovens, we were able to tweak up a lot of our traditional recipes in Morocco. We were able to use the oven to cook our dishes and be on the healthier side. Fish tagine is no exception! We’ve turned it to an oven dish and it was just as delicious as the traditional one.
I love this marinated fish dish because it’s cooked in the oven which makes it a lot healthier than your traditional tagine. It’s basically the same recipe as the fish tagine, but this one takes a minute in the oven and doesn’t take that much oil for a change.
You’ll get your share of greens as well in this dish because we’ll be using carrots, and other vegetables that’ll soak up the chermoula and will taste like heaven. So, here are the ingredients you’ll need.
If you’re looking for a faster way to create this recipe, then click here.
Moroccan Marinated Fish In The Oven -Tagra
Preparation time: 5 minutes ( if you let it rest, then 1 hour)
Cooking time: 20 minutes depending on fish size
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- a large pinch saffron threads, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 g finely chopped fresh coriander
- 30 g finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 kg firm fish such as sea bass or red snapper.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 carrots cut in circles
- 1 onion cut in circles
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, cut in circles
- 3 potatoes, cut in circles
- 100 ml water
- In a bowl, mix all the chermoula ingredients and stir until combined.
- In a baking dish, pour some oil and oil all of the surfaces. Arrange the fish the way you like and pour half of the chermoula all over it. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- In the baking dish, organize all of the vegetables alongside the fish and pour the rest of the chermoula over them. Add the butter and water and cover the baking dish with tin foil and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Serve the fish on a bed of vegetables and you’re done.
- You may other vegetables like aubergines, sweet potatoes, peas, and so on.
- You can use any kind of fish, even smaller ones.
Comment below if there are any recipes you would like to see.