Prep time- 35 mins
Cook time- 2-3 mins
1 lbs of fresh lamb kidneys, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Amboora Signature Ras El Hanout
½ tsp salt
- Remove the membrane from the lamb kidneys, then cut them in half and snip out the white core. To give the kidneys a milder taste, soak them in cold milk for about half an hour before cooking.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, ras el hanout and salt.
- Add the lamb kidneys and massage the spices and oil into the cubes and leave to marinate for half an hour to an hour (depending on the amount of time you have).
- Thread the kidneys onto skewers, metal ones work best as wooden ones can burn, unless soaked in cold water.
- Using either a grill or traditionally a BBQ, begin to cook your kidneys for around 2-3 minutes, turning over halfway to ensure the kidneys are done.
- Enjoy with a fresh salad or in kebabs with a selection of your choice of Moroccan dips. Bsaha!