Our simple yet traditional Moroccan style bread is light and fluffy and perfect for dipping into delicious sauces and dips or can be eaten alongside any main meal.
Prep time- 45 mins
Cook time- 20 mins
500g strong bread flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp active yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
300ml of warm water
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C fan.
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar. Create a small well into the middle of the mixture and add the yeast.
- Add a little water into the well to allow the yeast to mix, then add the rest of the water and oil and mix everything together.
- Begin to knead the dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes until the dough is stretchy.
- Divide the dough into five even balls and then allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Score them with a knife gently, dust with more flour and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden. The traditional way to know if they're cooked is to check if they sound hollow once cooled. Bsaha!