I’ve shared the recipe of the classical Moroccan Lamb Tagine not long ago, and now I’ve decided to share with you the quick and easy version of it. Moroccan Lamb Tagine can take quite some time to cook which is why I decided to share this recipe.
Tagine is a cooking pot that is very famous in Morocco. Most of our dishes are cooked in this pot which is why it’s our signature cooking tool here in Morocco. I made this recipe with my Moroccan hearty sauce in order to make it easier, and help you cook a delicious dish all on your own.
You can either make this dish using a Tagine or a pressure cooker. The pressure cooker cooks this dish way faster and makes the meat more tender, so, feel free to choose whatever you need.
If you want to take a look at the classical dish, then click here.
Quick and Easy Moroccan Lamb Tagine -Tagine B’Lhem
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 500g tender beef or lamb
- Hearty Moroccan tagine sauce
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml of water
- 250 g prunes
- A handful of toasted sesame seeds
- A handful of toasted almonds
- In a bowl, prep the meat by mixing it with all of the seasonings and letting it sit for an hour.
- In the tagine, pour the olive oil & vegetable oil and let it heat for 5 minutes.
- After one hour, add the meat to the tagine and let it cook for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally until the meat is browned on both sides.
- Add the water and let the mixture cook for one hour on medium-low heat with the lid on. If you’re using a pressure cooker then cover tightly.
- After 1 hour, check if the meat is done, add the prunes and add additional water.
- Let the prunes cook for 15 minutes until they’re tender.
- Once they’re tender, let the sauce simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until it’s thickened.
- Serve the meat in a tagine or in a plate with a little bit of sauce, prunes, almonds with toasted sesames on top and dig in.
- You may add apricots, pineapples, and other types of nuts to the Tagine.
- You can use Beef instead of Lamb if you’d like.
Comment below if there are any recipes you would like to see.